Questions about joining the company as a school leaver? You will find the answers here.So that there are no unanswered questions about your apprenticeship, cooperative studies or internship at MAHLE and your application. In addition, our contact partners gladly stand ready to assist you as well.
When can I apply for an apprenticeship?
When does the apprenticeship begin?
For which occupations does MAHLE provide training?
How long does an apprenticeship last at MAHLE?
In Germany, an apprenticeship generally lasts between two years and three-and-one-half years. The length of the program depends on a number of factors, including type of occupation, your school-leaving certificate and your individual performance. You can find the exact length of your dream position at "Apprenticeship->Opportunities."
Can I shorten the apprenticeship?
What will I earn during the apprenticeship?
Does the company have any other training options during the apprenticeship?
Are these training programs based on the German Vocational Training Act?
What does a good application for an apprenticeship position include?
Your application should contain the following documents:
- A cover letter in which you tell us something about yourself and discuss why you would like to begin an apprenticeship
- A resume in table form in which you describe what interests you have outside school
- A copy of your last three report cards
- Certificates from internships and training courses (i.e., language and computer courses)
How is the selection process for apprenticeships conducted?
Our selection process begins with a careful review of your application documents. If we like what we see, we will conduct occupation-specific screening tests and invite you to a job interview.
How important are my grades?
We put great emphasis on your personality. Nonetheless, your grades also are a criterion we use in pre-selecting suitable candidates.
I haven't received my diploma yet. Can I provide it later?
What questions can I expect to answer during the job interview?
Typical questions can include:
- Why would you like to learn this occupation?
- Why would you like to have an apprenticeship at MAHLE?
- What interests you in particular about MAHLE?
- What were your favorite subjects in school?
- How can you best apply your special skills in your desired occupation?
- What are your career plans?
How can I prepare for the screening test and the job interview?
There are a number of resources you can turn to. Here are a few of them:
- Guides to job interview
- The German Occupational Information Center (Berufsinformationszentrum der Arbeitsagenturen) run by the German Employment Agency
- The German Institute for Vocational Education and Training (Bundesinstitut für Berufsbildung)
- Chambers of Industry and Commerce (Industrie- und Handelskammern)
- Information on the Internet