We like it when our employees have goals. What about you? Are you ready to grow with your challenges? We at MAHLE are a leading international supplier to the automotive industry. With our products for combustion engines and their peripherals as well as solutions for electric vehicles, we address all crucial issues related to the powertrain and air conditioning technology. Today, some 75.000 employees work on innovative products at 170 locations and 16 major development locations.Working together, we optimize existing technologies, develop new engineering concepts and set standards. By reducing fuel consumption and CO2 emissions, we are making an important contribution – for a better climate, with every second vehicle statistically.
Share professional know-how, develop ideas and take on responsibility. At MAHLE Behr Charleston, Inc. in Charleston, South Carolina as
Manufacturing Engineer - Process Planning
- The primary function of this role is to provide to develop and implement new equipment, set up new processes, and lead continuous improvement projects. This may include process flow development, equipment specifications, process documentation, operator training, project management, preventative maintenance planning, equipment trouble-shooting, tooling development, and root-cause analysis.
- Lead the Process Planning functions for various development projects.
- Implement new machines, new process tooling, and various equipment upgrades.
- Design mistake proofing systems for integration into manufacturing equipment.
- Coordinate and communicate with other departments.
- Design processes based on MTM, material flow, labor balancing, Process FMEA, equipment and tooling specifications, and floor layout.
- Troubleshooting new equipment and process issues.
- Support the handover of new processes to Production (Full Scale Tests).
- Hands-on implementation of continuous improvement projects.
- Meet cost targets for each project (equipment costs, tooling costs, labor costs, etc)
- B.S. in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering required.
- Minimum of 3 years of Engineering experience in a manufacturing environment required (7 years for Sr. Manufacturing Engineer).
- Experience in programming and troubleshooting PLC-5, SLC 500, Logix platforms, Panel view, RSView preferred. Experience with Siemens S5 & S7 also a plus.
- Experience with Advanced Process Quality Planning specifically Process flow diagrams, floor layout, Process FMEA, Control Plans, and Work Instructions, Preventive Maintenance instructions
- Experience with Just in Sequence manufacturing, a plus.
- Must possess strong computer skills (Windows XP, Excel, Powerpoint, Word, CAD programs, etc.).
- Strong interpersonal skills and organizational aptitude.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience specific to heat-exchanger technology (manufacturing or design) a plus.
- Understanding of lean manufacturing, JIT, OEE, line sequencing, KANBAN, etc.
We offer you excellent opportunities for growth and development, tailored specifically for you. We ensure this through regular meetings focused on feedback and a diverse training program. We value outstanding performance. That’s why our goal is to work with you on a long-term basis. We not only encourage you to reach your potential, we also offer performance-based pay and flexible working options for your different stages of life. Go your path – with us.
Ms. Amber Paugh is available to answer any questions at email@example.com.
EOE/AA including Veterans and Disabled